In terms of appliances, you will always want one that saves you time. That is why you want to invest in a good dishwasher or lave vaisselle. There are plenty of choices on the market; however, the key to a good purchase is ensuring you use it efficiently and effectively.
Whether you want to buy a freestanding or an integrated dishwasher, most of these appliances take in just cold water and you must place your dishwasher as close to the kitchen sink as possible. With a lot of models to pick from, you can narrow your choices down by deciding the size you require.
What are your Options?
When it comes to dishwashers, here are your viable options:
- Full-sized. This dishwasher will fit around 120-150 items of crockery, pots, cutlery, and pans or 12-place settings. But, you can also purchase a bigger machine for up to 15-place settings. Dimensions are standard to fit under the majority of counters at about H85 x W60 x D60cm.
- Slimline. This dishwasher can fit between 90-100 items per cycle. This is enough for a couple or small family. Because of their neater size (H85 x W45 x D60cm), you have more scope to squeeze one even if you have tight kitchen design.
- Compact. This dishwasher is handy for a couple or a single household. It sits on top of a counter and can hold 60 items. It measures H55 x W55 x D50cm.
- Integrated. For this type of dishwasher, you must purchase a matching door from the kitchen supplier and the machine is hidden away from view. Its control panel runs along the inside top lip and its size may be slightly shy of a regular freestanding model
- Performance. This dishwasher has high-wash temperatures that are higher than your hands can bear. The efficiency of its detergents plays a significant role in the results.
Maintaining your Dishwasher
Before cleaning, switch off the electricity supply. Clean filters after each use, where food debris tends to get caught. Removing and rinsing the filter is simple and quick. When cleaning spray arms, you will need to use a hot, soapy liquid. Run water through every spray arm’s inlet to make sure holes are not blocked by food debris.
Moreover, you need to wipe the dishwasher’s exterior with a damp cloth and a washing liquid solution. If you will not use the appliance for a while, leave the door slightly open to let air circulate and prevent unpleasant odours.