A bright and healthy grin is vital for general well-being and self-assurance. Tooth loss resulting from several causes, such as gum disease, decay, or trauma, can negatively affect not only dental health but also self-worth. This is where dental bridges come into play, and they are a common restorative dentistry device used by a NW Albuquerque dentist that is used to restore a self-assured smile.
Dental bridges are fixed prosthetic devices designed to bridge the gaps created by missing teeth. These consist of two main components.
- Abutment Teeth: These natural teeth on either side of the gap serve as anchors for the bridge.
- Pontic: The pontic is an artificial tooth or teeth that replaces the missing ones, effectively “bridging” the gap.
Role of Dental Bridges in Restoring Your Smile
Dental bridges are essential to restore the vibrancy of a smile. Because they are manufactured to order, they blend perfectly with their natural teeth, enhancing the appearance of their smile and giving you a fully organic appearance. Beyond their aesthetic benefits, dental bridges restore functionality by easing the difficult tasks of speaking and biting when a tooth is gone. In addition, they keep adjacent teeth from moving into space, preventing misalignment and biting issues.
Dental bridges offer a practical purpose and maintain the structural integrity of the face by delaying the aging process caused by tooth loss. The ability to grin fully can, perhaps most crucially, greatly increase self-confidence in social and professional settings, demonstrating the critical function dental bridges have in improving your general well-being.
Types of Dental Bridge
There are several types of dental bridges, and their choice depends on the specific needs and recommendations of the Albuquerque dentist:
- Traditional Dental Bridges: These are common types of bridges in which the pontic tooth is held in place by dental crowns on the abutment teeth.
- Cantilever Bridges: In cases where only one natural tooth is adjacent to the gap, a cantilever bridge can be used. It was secured using a single dental crown.
- Maryland Bonded Bridges: These bridges, often referred to as resin-bonded bridges, are made of a porcelain or metal framework with wings that are glued to the back of neighboring teeth in place of crowns.
Dental bridges are a tried-and-true method of rebuilding smiles in Albuquerque that has both functional and aesthetic advantages. See your neighborhood dentist about dental bridges if you are lacking teeth and long for a whole, self-assured smile. They might hold a secret to bring back the happiness that comes from showing the world your stunning smile.